Setup Mail Server on Two Ubuntu Servers with MySQL Replication
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 23
This project is fairly straight forward: we are setting up redundancy for an eCommerce site. The site itself is a PHP / MySQL based site and currently hosted on a VPS. The secondary server will also be a VPS at a geographically different location (and on a different class C network). Here are the tasks required for the job:
1. Setup an email server on BOTH systems according to this document: ([url removed, login to view]). Integrate spam assassin to reduce / eliminate spam. Setup the SPF records for the domain associated with this project.
2. Setup the MX records so that mail will roll over from the primary server to the secondary server in case the primary server goes down.
3. Setup DNS records using DNSMadeEasy's Failover service ([url removed, login to view]) so that if the primary server goes offline, traffic is redirected to the secondary server. (This is a 30 minute task at the most).
4. Setup fetchmail on the secondary server to deliver mail to the primary server in the event that it receives mail instead of the primary box. (Secondary server should have an MX of 20, and Primary server should have an MX of 10. If MX 20 receives mail for any reason, MX 10 should retreive it with fetchmail and store it appropriately).
5. Setup MySQL replication so that:
a) the mailboxes are replicated between the servers.
b) the database for the eCommerce site is replicated.
6. Setup a cron job and rsync to replicate files between sites.
All setup should be done in the most "standard" way possible. Use the software from the repos. Code compiling is not necessary unless we (together) decide there is a feature that is required for this setup that is not available via the repos.
I have done this myself in the past, and - on average - it takes about 12 hours, including testing, to setup. I am willing to allot up to 16 hours of your time for the project to account for "surprises."
You will need to provide your SSH public key to access the system. We will not be using usernames / passwords to access these systems. Replication (like rsync) will also need to be done using keys).
You may have to work with our developers to ensure that certain functions (like the shopping cart) work from both systems. While there should be no problem (the code uses an API that is origin agnostic), it is possible there will be bugs to work out.
Your price quote and timeline must be fixed and accurate.
We have several of these projects coming up, so I am looking for someone who can do this multiple times and create a consistently good result.
This bid is for a SINGLE job. If you do well with this one, we'll bring you on board for the others.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online