We have developed a C# (.NET) dll that is used by .NET desktop software developers to communicate with our cloud server. The dll provides a simple API that can be integrated with any .NET application.
We now want to expand our SDK to cover C++ / COM applications. We are looking for an experienced C++ developer that can convert our C# dll into a C++ library for use by C++/COM developers.
Library must handle the following:
- Runs on all Windows Platforms XP and above without depending on 3rd party libraries that are not natively installed with windows.
- Collect system information such as CPU, memory, screen resolution, etc. NOT USING WMI Service. Research on how to collect this data is already done and being used by our .NET library, which uses Windows API, registry, and other methods.
- Communicate with our servers (send log files) using a simple proprietary protocol over HTTP.
- Load and save settings to a configuration file for persistence
- Log API calls to a file on disk in a specified format.
- Cache Log files and compress/uploaded these logs to our server using a
- Must be multi-threaded and handle IO race conditions to allow multiple running sessions without corrupting log or configuration files.
- use RSA encryption and message signing to communicate with the server.
- must be able to pop up a window (custom size & position on screen) and use it to render a URL (website). NOT simply launching the default browser.
- be COM ready so that it can be used by COM developers using other languages.
**You MUST have**
- Experience with client-server technology.
- Experience with COM
- Strong knowledge of multi-threading
- Good English communication skills since you need to document your code in English.
- EYE FOR DETAIL - you must replicate the .NET dll without missing out any minor details/functionality.
- Ability to test/debug thoroughly since your code will be used with 3rd party LIVE applications.
Together with the C++ module you will also deliver:
- a very basic sample application that uses your C++ API.
- basic documentation and showing source code samples that a C++ developer can follow to use your API
BEFORE YOU BID, please review the original .NET DLL and API reference guide from here. This is the dll you will be replicating in C++: [url removed, login to view]
You must be available for support (paid hourly or by agreement) after the delivery of the project, in case of integration issues.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $1175 for this job
Hello. I have been developing many desktop apps for more than 10 years. I have a high skill in vb/vc/c# and so on. So if you select me, I will help you faithfully. please check the pm and reply. thank you.
Hello, I have 25 years experience working with COM C++ APIs (and ATL). Also, have used C# since it's inception. Please see PM for an overview and please feel free to hit me with any questions you may have.