Data Sync using C# .NET
This project received 49 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2383 CAD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 CAD
The C# .NET Application Developer will write a windows application that identifies all units on the network and sync previously stored data and collect current event data from them in .NET 4.0. There are essentially 3 parts to this project:
Part 1: A Windows service
- Sync data continuously through Ethernet to keep the data up-to-date. A document will be provided with the protocol used for the sync as well as a working ruby project.
- The data must be stored in appropriate file/directory structure which will be defined by us.
Part 2: A GUI interface
- Viewing the units on the network (name, MAC and software versions). We already have this written in C#.
- Ability to change setting (name / IP/gateway). There is an example project in C#.
- Controlling the service (Start/Stop)
- Adding and removing units from the syncing list.
- Editing path of collected data
Part 3: Deliverable product
The developer will create an installer that will install the service and the GUI. The installed executable should run the GUI app. The GUI app will also start the service if it is not running already. The service should run even after the GUI is closed.
Few things to note:
- All communication with the units will be done via UDP packets
- Proven experience in C# .NET
- Understanding Ruby is highly preferred
- Ability to work with a team and individually without close supervision
- Experience with real time data collection and transmission is an asset
- The chosen service provider will have to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- Any code written by the service provider as part of this project must be submitted to us
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online