File Copying App - Needed ASAP
This project was successfully completed by echospider for $120 NZD in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $500 NZD
Completed In1 day
After an application that will run as a windows service which does the following:
1) Main Purpose - File Copying (for a flat file backup solution)
- Copies files from source to destination
- Emails Log of number of files copied and total size of files copied
- Logs this information i.e. total copied in the Windows Application Event Logs (I have the code for this) so we can audit it using GFI Max Event Log Check
Option to do full with overwrite or incremental (only coping modified files and replacing them if they exist)
Ideally i would like the settings stored in a file (supposedly ive heard xml files are good for this, or ini files)
2) Configuration App
- would like an app to read this ini or xml file and be able to write changes to it. something like a windows form with a browse button, tickboxes i.e. over write etc would be helpful.
- there may be a few simple things to add to this but at this point it is only an idea...
Basically i want the application to do something like xcopy source\*.* Destination\*.* /d /s /e /r /h /y /i /c
I dont really mind what process it uses to do this, the most important feature is the logging and reporting of this.
I have started working on this myself... Tried xcopy and have it launching as a process, copying from one folder to another, and emailing me a list of the files that it has copied. also have figured out how to log to the event log etc,
The part where i mainly get stuck is reading and writing configuration files, and i might be missing some simple sort of tool which might be able to do this easier..
Anyway I look forward to your bids and will be choosing a winner in the next few hours..
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online