I am carrying out a migration of SQL Server databases and wanted to create an application that manages this migration.
Source Servers have SQL instances
SQL Instances have SQL databases
These databases are back-ends to Applications.
Source databases will be migrated in Phases.
The databases are going to migrated to:
Each ESXServer will have multiple Virtual Machines (VMs).
Each VM will have a SQL Instance.
Each SQLInstance will have SQL databases.
I have created the database with these entities already and the database also has the relationships defined (Foreign Keys).
I now need a front end to populate the tables and view the information in a user-friendly manner.
The application should provide:
1. INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE/SEARCH functionality for each table so I can populate it with data.
2. Several screens (or one very functional one) to view the data in a variety of ways like by Phase, by ESXHost, by Application.
I think if we have several drop downs for filtering then that would work; so I can choose Phase 1, to show only the databases that will be migrated in Phase 1, then I can choose some other criteria and the screen shows a subset of data etc.
3. The Pre-requisites and Post-Migration checks should show whether the Phase or database migration is ready to start or is ok to complete.
4. The users should only be able to see their own companies data (apart from super user with CompanyID of 0 who can see all).
5. You will need to get the final app installed, tested and run, on my Amazon hosted server.
Please see the database attached for more clarification, I have added database diagrams to make it easier to see the relationships.
To see the de-normalised view of the data, please run:
SELECT * FROM [MasterServers]
17 freelancers are bidding on average $251 for this job
Hi, This can be achieved in ASP.NET with GridView control to display/filter data. UI can be designed to add/update/delete records in database. I have 8 years experience in ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server.