Consolidate CSV Price List Import/Export
This project was awarded to Morphe for $225 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
XLS and CSV modification
• C (.NET)
• Visual Basic
• MS Access (2003/2007)
We have an ecommerce site (future [url removed, login to view]) that requires daily price/product updates. We need a program or script (i.e. Excel or Access script/macro, etc) that will import data from CSV/XLS, consolidate the data, and export one table as CSV and another table as XLS (Excel 2003) format.
This script/macro/program needs to be run once daily (manual or scheduled)
Import – Files to import will be in either CSV or XLS (Excel 2003) format.
Export – Data to export will be formatted in both CSV and XLS (Excel 2003) format.
Import / Export
• Product/price lists (CSV and XLS) will be received daily and imported/consolidated into a master list.
• Imported Price lists will have different table headings and each supplier's list will need to be appropriately mapped into the master list
• All code must be documented to allow for minor changes (e.g. allow for addition of new suppliers with different data mapping)
• Export a copy of the master list as CSV, with custom table headings/format (so we can use our import tool to update MS Dynamics CRM product list)
• Export a copy of the master list as XLS (2003), with custom table headings/format (so we can upload/import to update online ecommerce product list)
• Key index for the consolidated master list needs to be auto-generated, as we will have some overlap of the same product coming from different suppliers with different prices.
• We need the script to run a quick if/else switch so the export for the ecommerce database will update only one entry per product code as "active", the other entries of the same product as "inactive" - so that customers won't be confused when they search up a product and find many of the same item for different prices.
• The script must add a simple counter (can be table column) to keep track of number of days out of stock. Given that a product has seen 0 stock in over a given period (can be adjusted), to change the status of the product to "not active" so the ecommerce website will no longer display the product on the web site.
• We require an area where we can manually set the % markup rules (i.e. markupPrice= ceil(costPrice * [url removed, login to view], 1) thus a 10% mark up, minimum of 1 dollar. These rules need to be set up by category
• Exchange rate calculation. We require an area where we can manually input the exchange rate. Also to denote the currency for each supplier we work with.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online