Community Forum Website .NET Development
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $857 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Hi Everybody ,
Our Project is to build/develop a Community Forum Website using .Net that has same functionalities & Specifications
as this website :
[url removed, login to view] ( We are pointing to subdomain exchanges that has a Community Forum System )
Brif & Specifications Excel Document is attached to project
1. Operation system: windows server 2008 R2.
2. .NET version: 3.5 at least.
3. Technology: [url removed, login to view]
4. Database: MSS Server 2008 R2 standard edition.
IIS: 7 or 7.5
1. MVC3 is preferred. Webforms is also acceptable.
2. The application should be based on a well known CMS system, Umbraco or DotNetNuke. Any other platform needs our approval and explanation of its advantages.
Errors and Logging:
1. The application should contain an exception handling in each user/automatic action.
2. The exception message should not be displayed to the user in any case.
3. A custom error pages should be added. One for 404 pages and one for all the other errors.
4. Each exception should be logged. Use elmah for this.
1. Membership should use forms authentication.
2. Use built in forms authentication unless the cms platform uses different one.
3. All none html input from the users should be html encoded before rendering.
4. Validate all user inputs.
5. Html user inputs should not include script or form tags.
6. [url removed, login to view] built in input validation should be applied in all requests to the server, except for request that contains html input.
7. Do not use text to query the data base. Use stored procedures or parameterized query.
1. The system should run on MSS 2008 R2 data base.
2. Avoid redundant data in all cases.
3. Do not use deprecated data types like text.
4. The site will be in Arabic, so all text field should be in Unicode.
1. The system should not have any memory leaks in any load.
1. Do not use html5.
2. The html should be clean and valid.
3. Do not use tables for layout. Use tables only for displaying data.
4. All images should include alt tags (Can be in English).
5. Do not use more than 1 h1, 6 h2 in each page.
6. Do not use bolding or italics.
7. Do not use deprecated tags like center.
8. Do not use deprecated attributes like cellspacing.
9. Do not use inline styles.
10. All styles should be included in style sheets. You can use more than one style sheet.
11. Do not link to style sheets or scripts from other domains.
1. The application should use the built in [url removed, login to view] routing. The routing rules will be determined in later stage.
2. All dynamic pages should have fields to edit the title, meta description, meta keywords and seo friendly url.
3. Dynamic pages should include a unique id in their url , and the seo friendly url from the previous point. The system should only use the unique id as an identifier for the page.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online