Build custom upload and display module for DNN
This project was successfully completed by esolpro for $350 USD in 5 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$50 - $500 USD
Completed In5 days
I need two related modules built for a DNN site. The first module uses a CSV file to associate thousands of already-uploaded files with their respective portal user. The second module securely displays and downloads these files to each user.
The portal is built on DNN 7.x, Windows Server 2012, and SQL 2012. There are several thousand users of the site, each with a unique 2 to 5 digit ‘Owner Number’.
The first module should take a CSV (or Excel) file as input via upload. The CSV file will have the following columns: (a) Owner Number, (b) Year, (c) File URL and Name (see attached example: [url removed, login to view]). This module should parse the CSV and use the Owner Number column to create an association between each portal user and the listed files. These files will already be uploaded to the DNN site. A mockup of this module is shown in Fig. 1.
The second module should SECURELY display these files to the correct user, based on their Owner Number. Each user will be associated with a unique file for each year, and the module needs to have a hyperlink to the file that launches in a new window. The files will mostly by in PDF format. A mockup of this module is shown in Fig. 2.
The following additional considerations should be taken into account:
• The uploaded files should not be accessible via direct input of the file’s URL. Only the DNN application itself should be able to access/download the files to the user.
• If errors are found in the CSV upon parsing it, the process should stop without making any changes to the system or database, i.e., the CSV should be checked for formatting, etc. before actually changing any database tables, etc.
• Any errors should be displayed to the user uploading the CSV file.
• As much as possible, the modules should be built with an eye toward future changes and the addition of later features.
The winning bidder will be granted admin access to the DNN server as soon as the bid has been awarded. I need to see the first round of the modules within 2 days of the award. I will immediately test and if any issues are found, they should be fixed within another 2 business days. After awarding the bid, total time to completion should be no more than 4-5 days.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online