OCR & indexing in a Document Management System
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €234 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are a software company based in Germany since 1996.
We have a web based Software (Document Management System (DMS)), developed in [url removed, login to view], using Microsoft SQL Server.
We need someone for the following tasks:
We want to make all documents readable via OCR in our Document Management System (also Email attachments) so we can find them by full text search. Full text search is already working in our DMS.
You should also suggest a third party OCR Software with price!
2. Document Indexing
Document indexing will help the users to search the document from the DMS. The search of the document is based on the tags which set by the user. User has the facility to create, edit and delete the tags.
• Create a new link under administrator for tags
• Users who have the right (3 different rights: create/edit/delete), can create, edit and delete the tags from the list (index).
• In the list of the tags we need the search filter so the tags can easily searched from the list.
• These tags will help when user will upload the document. When user uploads the document (after OCR) then we will find these tags from that document text and store the matched tags in the database with the document details. The detail which we store in the database is called the index for that file.
• When user searches the document from the main search (metadata) then it searches from index table according to the information which is stored while uploading the document (after OCR).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online