SQL Server 2008 Maintenance Plan
This project was awarded to ishan1988 for $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
You will use C# to communicate with SQL Server 2008 to create two Maintenance Plans. You can use other languages to obtain the desired results; however, the call will be originating from C#.
1. Create a simple GUI with at least a text box and a label and two buttons. The text box will be the input of the Server Name. The label will display which version of SQL Server you are running. Windows Authentication will be used to log into SQL Server, so login info is not necessary.
2. Write a method that retrieves the version of SQL Server. If you are unable to login to SQL Server, the label should display that it was unable to login, otherwise, it should display the version of SQL and if it is 2008 or not. (example: "You have SQL Server 2008" or "You are not using SQL Server 2008, you have SQL Server 2005")
3. Create 2 Maintenance plans. Button 1 will create the first maintenance plan and be disabled if it exists. Button 2 will create the second maintenance plan and be disabled if it exists. These should both be their own methods for me to call. First one should be called CreateMaintenancePlan(), second one should be called CreateOptiimizationPlan(). Add which ever parameters you need. Throw exceptions in methods if they fail, I'll catch them from my call.
4. Change the SQL Server Agent Jobs of these two plans to have Owner of "sa".
You final result should be 2 maintenance plans with "sa" owner as if you had gone through the maintenance plan wizard twice in SQL Server 2008. I'll supply images of each page of the wizard so you can see the relevant changes.
Please only bid if you know how to create Maintenance plans with code.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online