Job Description strong C# skills and experience
I'm seeking to build out a custom trading system based on the Tradestations or / and MultiCharts open source framework. The project will entail development and testing of C# code in a pre-specified object oriented architecture (very detailed specs will be shared upon provider selection). I estimate that the initial development & testing will require between 25 and 125 hours to complete (depending on skill level), with possibility of a long roadmap of future enhancements.
* understanding of automated trading system development - you must know the terminology and concepts related to this domain and demonstrate this knowledge, ideally with examples of similar project work
* strong C# skills and experience with event driven architectures, LINQ and SQL database integration, simple windows forms UI support, and robust object oriented design principles
* clear and thorough documentation of code and ability to clearly explain architecture and implementation choices
* Strong attention to detail and ability to think critically about project requirements
* Ideally, previous experience with Tradestations or / and MultiCharts but if not, a willingness to become an expert in the framework design and capabilities. You'll be expected to use the project community forum to resolve technical questions and determine best practices for design.
Because I am seeking to select the best development partner for this initial project and for follow-on projects, I am going to conduct a multi-step selection process to determine the fit.
* you provide a brief description of your skills and experience level with both the technology and the domain (automated trading)
* you share a code sample or example of other relevant C# trading applications you've developed (this could be an indicator you've written for another C# platform or otherwise).
Step 2 - for the top few candidates from the first screen:
* I will provide you with a technical test to build a simple application in the Tradestations or / and MultiCharts framework. For this I will pay up to $ 30 /h (should not take longer than a few hours)
* You return the compiled and source code within a few days and I'll evaluate for quality and clarity of code, as well as ability to work within the project framework
* You sign a non-disclosure agreement
* I will provide you with a detailed spec document for the full project
* You provide a detailed estimate of time/cost for completion
* We'll agree to terms and milestones and cost and can proceed from there will be long time job.