We need a Windows Service / program developing that can create PDF documents from metadata and document tamplates.
1) The program / service needs to run continuously on a Windows Server 2008 machine waiting for metadata to be received.
2) The metadata can be delivered by text file or via a web-service / xml (if so the web-service needs to be created as part of this project).
3) The metadata will contain all the content that is required to produce the labels.
4) The metadata will specify a label template to use. The service should support multiple templates.
5) The service should be able to accept templates in crystal reports / rpt format or a suitable alternative.
6) The service should allow additional templates to be easily added.
7) The service must support the use of barcodes. It can use the free3of9 font or a suitable alternative.
8) The service should save the PDFs to a path specified in the metadata.
9) The service should support creating PDFs in different page sizes (A4, A5, 4inch x 4inch etc).
10) 6 initial templates / labels should be created as part of this project.
11) We do not want to purchase any PDF generation software so free / open source tools like PDFSharp should be used.
I am open to suggestions about which language to develop this in. All source code should be delivered as part of the project.
8 freelancers are bidding on average £167 for this job
Hi, I have 5+ years of developing .net applications. I have good experience of working with reporting applications. I can give you good solution for this. Please see private message. Thanks...
Hi I can help in completing this Task in a professional way. I've more than 8 years of experiences in developing CMS using SharePoint and .Net and Web Services.