HTML5 replacement for sql server report viewer control
This project received 28 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2816 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am looking for an experienced .NET developer to write a .NET web control ([url removed, login to view] or C#) that will replace the SQL Server Reporting Services (2005 or higher) html web report viewer.
The microsoft web report viewer is not compatible with mobile browsers or safari and we need a control that is.
Mainly it is the Parameter Selection portion that is not compatible, so this can be either a complete control rewrite, or a rewrite of the parameters section while reusing the original MS Web Report Viewer with its parameters section disabled.
The following candidate requirements are very strict:
- You must be very experienced with web services and SQL Reporting Services and have past projects to demonstrate it
- You must be able to deliver on time (estimated time for this control is 1 month)
- You must have a good rating and history of experience on this site
- You must have SQL Server Reporting Services installed and ready to go (free express version from MS works fine)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate clearly and in a timely fashion
- Provide flawless, clear and reusable source code that can be easily mantained
Work Details and Requirements:
- SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) is running in native mode.
- Control must communicate with the Reporting Services 2005 endpoint API.
- Control must be compatible (must work) with latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Mobile Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Control must present three different UI Views (or come in three different form factors) Phone, Tablet and Desktop for selection of parameters
- Control must obey all the parameter rules of the original viewer (parameter precedence and dependencies, multiple-selection, default values, lists, null values, etc.) The parameter types are Text, Boolean, DateTime, Integer and Float. And they can all be manually entered or selected from a list.
- Control must either reproduce all the SSRS viewer's toolbar functions or reuse the toolbar from the original viewer (original viewer can be embedded without original parameters section)
- Control must render the reports in HTML if doing a full re-write of the viewer (rendering images only is not acceptible) and allow for both interactive HTML view or print-layout view just like the real control.
- Parameter selection and all other interactions should be seamless, users don't need to click submit after each action, only the View Report button is needed just like the original viewer.
A satisfactory completion could lead to more related work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online