Environment: Design, develop, test, document and support (120 production days) an eCommerce Registration site using HTML, DHTML, Flash, Graphic Design, Banner/Logo Design, ASP with VBScript or [url removed, login to view](preferable), MS SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2003 server and IIS 6.
No bids will be considered if an automated, “cookie cutter”, response is made. Please read the specification document before bidding. Your response must demonstrate an understanding of the project. The requirement document can be found at:
[url removed, login to view]
Require the modification of an existing flash intro template/Home Page which has been purchased or alternatively the bidder can create a new flash intro/header and Home Page.
Need About Us, Contact, Terms of Service and possible other sections as well the ability to translate the site into different languages using the drop down box for the user to select the language of choice.
Will expect that the successful bidder’s quote will include full warrantee support of the application for 120 days after the application has been deployed into the production environment.
Deliverables must be installed by the successful bidder in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
Successful bidder must be able to provide 24/7 software support after the 120 days warranty period. A mutually agreed upon support contract will be negotiated at a later date.
Incremental payment amounts will be placed in escrow by the Buyer prior to each stage of the project. Under no circumstances will the Buyer consider releasing any portion of any escrowed funds at the beginning of the project before any work has been done. If you cannot accept this requirement, please do not bid on this project.
1. Advertiser Registration Screen
• Enter/modify Advertiser registration Data
• Set up eCommerce Merchant accounts
b. World Pay
c. TD Canada Trust
• Process online payment transactions
• Create a Virtual Directory for a specified duration
• Populate the virtual directory with WEB site rental programs and data files
• Clean up/deletion of expired virtual directory rental
• Password protected login
2. Extend Subscription Screen
• Extend rental dates of virtual directory usage
3. Publisher Registration
• Enter/modify Publisher registration Data
• Process credit card payment transaction
• Password protected login
4. Administration Menu, Screens, Scripts and Payment Reports
• Administration Menu
• Administration – Add/Change/Delete screens for most of the database tables
• Maintenance Scripts
• Various detailed printed Database and Payment Reports
Wish to establish a long term relationship. Have another large development project. I am also interested in promoting Offshore Development work.
Communication and professionalism besides the quality of the work are very important. One has to evaluate the following parameters before selecting an offshore outsourcing partner.
1. Vision and direction of company
2. Stability of company
3. Size of company
4. Location of the offshore development center
5. Infrastructure of Company
6. Official language in the Company
7. Quality and skill set of Employees
8. Security policy of Company
9. Domain expertise
10. Quality standards of Company
Please comment on the 10 points listed above as well as the following questions.
1. Confirm that you have the required technical skill-set.
2. Can your company provide ongoing project support and new project development if required?
3. Confirm that the source code will be fully available to the Buyer and will be solely the Buyer’s property. All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc., unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer).
4. Would you agree to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement?
5. [url removed, login to view] recommends not paying until the project has been completed. The Buyer is willing to make payments incrementally but no initial disbursement will be made until the successful bidder provides a project plan/understanding document. This document will describe the functional flow of the project. Once the functional document is verified and approved by the Buyer an initial payment will be made – 15%. Following this the successful bidder will provide a detailed design specification which will describe each sub-module with screens and tables and their fields before a second disbursement can be made – 15%. Other incremental payments will be made at mutually agreed stages of the project. A minimum of 25% will be held by the Buyer until the completed project has been demonstrated to the Buyer and the Buyer has been able to fully conduct User Acceptance testing. You will be expected to supply to the Buyer a traceability matrix which will require that the design specification be itemized into function units. The traceability matrix will also show that all functional units have been successfully tested with a reference to the test case used to test the functionality. A copy of the test cases will also be required. Can you accommodate this?
6. Confirm that you will assist in updating/correcting this initial functional design document.
7. Will your service include graphics design consideration and work to provide a professional looking site?
8. Can you handle WEB site language translation?
9. Does your company bid include recommendations and suggestions for site improvement?
10. What number of days will you require to complete the project?
11. When will work begin once acceptance has been provided?
12. How many IT specialists do you have in your company?
13. How many individuals will work on this project? Will you supply their professional profiles?
14. At least three site references that your firm has developed with complete contact information must be provided. These will preferably be eCommerce sites utilizing SSL. Ideally one will include language translation.
15. How many years have you been in business?
16. How do you manage your QA or testing? Do you have a test team? Do you prepare test plans to ensure quality assurance? What will you do to ensure that all functionality is provided and working?
17. Confirm that a mandatory weekly progress report will be provided.
18. Confirm that the Buyer will have the ability to test/observe project progress on your server throughout the development cycle.
19. What is your policy if your firm goes past the project deadline?
20. Confirm that deliverables can be installed by the successful bidder in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.