We need a routeen that will update the category image quickly, and easily. A simple utility php file that requires only 2 input parameters and one update query as the output.
Input; 2 parameters...
parameter1 = "image location" I.E. [url removed, login to view]
parameter2 = categories_id
~the update query~
UPDATE `our_database`.`categories` SET `categories_image` = 'parameter1' WHERE `categories`.`categories_id` = parameter2 LIMIT 1;
Reset or restart - so the utility file is ready for the next category
1. This file should exist and be run from the admin side.
2. category id could be entered as a number into a text entry box ~ parameter 2
3. it is assumed we would run with two open tabs or windows, one browsing the website catalog, one running this utility file.
4. I'm figuring you would right click on the image you're selecting to be the new cat_image, then "Copy Image Location". Then you could paste into the text 2nd text box. (there might be easier ways....open to suggestions)
5. The resulting paste = [url removed, login to view] and we would need a way to strip off the first half ([url removed, login to view]) so our second parameter is ready to pass to the update query.
Quick = URGENT We need this file very soon, like TODAY. Shouldn't take even an hour for an experienced oscommerce programmer to write.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $37 for this job
Hi, extensive experience of oscommerce, all version, including contribution development, installation and customisation, can have completed within a couple of hours.