Codeigniter/PHP Expert developer needed to join crack engineering team
This project received 17 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $11 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$2 - $8 USD / hour
We are a top level development company based in Arizona, USA. We have over 30 years of development tradition, and build custom solutions for government, Fortune 100, education and large business clients. We also run a $5 million data centers in multiple states in the USA. Our clients expect the very best quality software, which we have been able to deliver for decades.
We are looking to add an additional Codeigniter/PHP developer to our team. We need the best CI developer. Not someone who has done one or two small projects, but someone who has a portfolio of experience. AND we need someone who has worked with databases other than MySQL (e.g. Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, Interbase, Firebird, etc.). But most importantly we need someone who has a passion for developing the best software and also loves to work in a team environment with other developers. This is NOT a job for someone who only has experience in solo projects. If you are awarded this work, you will be one of a team of up to 5 developers on projects, so your code will be checked by other senior developers and you'll be working with their code. If you are at all embarrassed by your coding, this is NOT a job for you.
That said, our developers have been working with us consistently for years. That means CONSISTENT weekly income. We have a huge backlog of work so you are not bidding on one project. This is a long term assignment, and we pay weekly. Your rate has to be competitive and affordable, and you will be using OUR framework. That means you will need to learn our way of coding and design practices. We'll pay you for that learning, but you will need to be flexible to adapt your skills to our framework - not the other way around.
We need the following:
1. At least 2 years of active experience in CodeIgniter. We don't use the latest CI versions, but have forked CI for our own purposes, so be flexible to not just be a lemming and follow the current CI ways.
2. We DO NOT require any MySQL experience. In fact, we'd prefer if you have used CI with non-MySQL databases
3. We want to see strict adherence to object oriented standards. We want to know that you have been educated in software engineering at a university level so that your coding approach is consistent with best practices. If you don't really embrace OO, then don't bid on this work.
4. We want to know of work you have done as a team member with other projects - not just solo work. If you have only been working by yourself, then no one has every audited and critiqued your coding standards, and that's not good enough for us.
5. We want to see that you have experience working in true engineering process, and have experience with 3rd party testers and modular development.
What we DO NOT want:
1. No body shops, outsourcing companies, 3rd parties, etc. If we suspect this is happening, we will report your bid as spam
2. No spam bids that have no relevance to the project. If you bid on this with some cut & paste pre-canned list of websites you've done, consider yourself reported as an abuser. If you haven't read this project in detail, then don't bid on it. You are wasting our time, and we'll report you.
3. No hacks, amateurs, or people who have never done a CI project before
4. No solo artists. We need team players here.
If you have read this far, and not dismissed it then bid on it. If you are awarded this project, its because you like to work with the best CI developers and you'll love a long term relationship with our company.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online