Joomla 2.5/MySQL database search & edit functions
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $163 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I would like to find a freelancer who can program the following:
1. Create a simple mysql database search function in my existing Joomla 2.5 website. The tool should allow the user to search for data in a mysqli table called PARTNERS (which contains names and contact details of people), so we need a simple search form. If the user clicks “Search” button it should display a table with a list of matching records.
2. The user should be allowed to see only records linked to him through a field in the table PARTNERS (i.e. he cannot search all records, only the ones assigned to him), so he needs to log in before he can use this search tool.
3. If the user clicks on a record in the search results list then show a details page displaying the various fields of that record, and allow the user to edit the data of that record (this will be mainly input elements/editboxes, some select fields/comboboxes will show values from helper tables). Would be good to use Ajax for this.
4. In that details page we also need to show data from maybe 5 tables which allow to relate multiple field values to that person (they specify things like language skills etc). User should be able to tag the person displayed by adding/deleting multiple values to these tables, i.e. he must be able to add/remove tags to these helper tables linking to the current partners record.
5. Button “Save” to save any changes made on the details page.
6. Button “Back” to return to list of search results without saving.
7. At the bottom of that details page also show all records from table COMMUNICATIONS which are linked to the PARTNERS record which was selected by the user. Show latest records first. Also add a button “New”, if clicked then create a new COMMUNICATIONS record and allow user to edit it. Ideally this will use Ajax, so no reloading of data. Below the editor form show a button “Save”: if clicked then create a new record in table COMMUNICATIONS of the mysqli database, save the data entered into the form.
Simple and straightforward project, budget 150 USD.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online