Just Printers online store...
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
Hello web developers!
We have a great project for you!! It's an Australian online store for printers and accessories..
The design is done; now we're ready to get this system happening!
* It can't be built from a template, this project must be coded from scratch with no unnecessary mark up.
Nice clean, organised code is an essential. We need a programmer, no template or cart software.
* SEO considerations to be focused on. An example URL for a printer could be: [url removed, login to view] Someone who knows how to handle dynamic page referencing / generation; also avoiding placing variables in the URL (POST and SESSION are fine).
* We'll need your brilliance in dynamically creating appropriate META tags, TITLE, H1, H2, H3, etc.
(Open to ideas on the best way to get traffic to the site). We will have on-going work for off page SEO.
* The website connects with our wholesaler's web page and updates price / stock using an XML stream.
* The website needs all standard user account management and cart features.
We’d like to keep it simple though; not over complicate it with unnecessary features.
* The store will connect with PayPal, we will add another payment gateway at a later date as sales improve.
(We will provide a security certificate … no credit card info will be stored at this stage).
* We'd like this built in PHP and MySQL, with Java for live updates on page; for checking post codes, searching printer models, etc.
* Procedural or object orientated PHP is fine, as long as you're confident! OO preferably.
* Security measures should be put in place for SQL injection and other web attacks & SPAM protection.
You'll be required not to share any info about our website, database access or anything related to the site technically.
* You can adjust our PSD’s as you'll need to create your own clean W3C compliant HTML/CSS to suit browser compatibility of IE6+.
If you can make the designs look even better, then fantastic! Not using Photoshops output to HTML tools though.
* A basic CMS will be required to allow staff to manage user accounts, check / update order status and add new products to the database.
* We'd love the site to show thumbnails of each product; then a hi-res version of each product, just click the image and it goes full screen.
* We will populate the database for you, you'll just need to connect up the data stream and give us the capability to add item details.
* In the product database we'd like to be able to compare printers, so separating data like pages per minute (printer speed), toner usage per toner, multifunction, laser, inkjet, whether it has fax, etc… is important for our customers to be able to compare printers.
* The page will display navigation and tools to the top and left; with the right being a live (java) update of the items that suit the filters that have been applied.
* On page SEO is really important, so we need someone who understand SEO very well.
This is a great opportunity for a talented web developer, with plenty of on-going work for the right person.
I need to emphasise, a pre-packaged software application/cart is not suitable for our needs; we really want a completely custom written website to suit our needs; with very clean organised code (nothing we don't need) and a really great functioning website.
We're a very easy going employer and this job will lead to more programming work for the right person.
Thank you for your time!
(Just Printers - company director)
Ps. The website design will change, this is a mock up from the designer and doesn't replicate functional requirements yet.... but we'll get that adjusted and sent through to the successful bidder ASAP.
Pps. We really need this job done very well and are happy to pay more for your extra attention to detail… we don’t want this job rushed and function not as well because of it.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online