Opencart module - Dynamic Drop down based on product attributes
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $253 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am in the process of creating a new online store to sell replacement batteries (generic not original) for a range of different products (eg, laptops, mobile phones, power tools, digital cameras etc).
Essentially there are two ways to find a suitable battery. Either you know the exactly model number you are looking for. Eg Sony Laptop, Model 123X. Or you know the part number of your original battery, eg: Sony X1233344x.
I want to create a new mod, a 'quick battery finder' if you will, that allows users to very quickly find the right battery they are looking for.
This will be a dynamic dropdown on the home page to help a user quickly find the right battery. It should work as below:
- 1st drop down you choose the category (eg, laptops, digital cameras etc - here you choose the top level category)
- 2nd drop down auto then auto populates with all the relevant brands within the category. Eg, if user chooses laptops, it will list all available laptop brands (sony, dell, etc)
- 3rd drop down then auto populates all applicable models under this brand. The user then has the choice to choose their specific model
- If the user doesn't know their specific model, but know the battery part number, the 4th drop down will list all battery part numbers that correspond to that particular brand of laptops (eg all battery part numbers for all sony laptops).
Only one final drop down (3 - specific model, or 4 - battery part number) is needed to take you to the final product page.
Also, it would be helpful to have this module available on the category pages. Eg, if we are on the laptop category, drop down 1 can go straight to the brands. We don't need to choose the category, as we are already on the laptop category page.
I haven't looked into this in more detail but I assume this mod will pull out the information from the attributes? Eg, say we have a particular battery for a sony laptop. Attribute 1 will list all sony laptop models it is compatible with, and attribute 2 will list which sony battery part numbers it is compatible with.
I have looked the following extension, [url removed, login to view] and it is great in terms of functionality and customizing etc. However you can only use it for categories.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online