PHP/MySQL Social Network - Small Bug Fixes
This project was successfully completed by intelliron for £42 GBP in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £60 GBP
Completed In1 day
I've a custom built php/mysql social network which is very well written and laid out. There are however a couple of glitches/bugs with the system that I need resolved fairly urgently and at a relatively low cost.
They are as follows:
- Secure the sessions/cookies once users login. Currently you can edit the 'loggedin' cookie username value and it will allow you to access another user's account.
- Fix the search functionality. Doesn't display the right results with the age range or country drop down boxes.
- When updating your profile information such as your bio, job title, company name, etc. if you include the '&' symbol it seems to reject it and only save everything written before the & symbol. This needs be altered so it allows the & symbol to be input.
- The menu bar 'inbox' button needs to dynamically check for new messages every 10 seconds so that when there are new messages it displays as 'inbox (3)' if there are 3 new messages. At the moment you have to refresh the page or go to another page for the inbox menu item to change so as it includes new message number in brackets. I need it to dynamically check and update every 10 seconds.
As always please be reliable with contact, fast and efficient and well versed with PHP, MySQL, HTML, AJAX, JQuery and confident that you've understood the task in hand. Please have good feedback as an employee as I have good feedback as a trusted employer. Thank you for your time.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online