155874 PHP/MySQL membership site
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
This project will be for a membership based website, revolving around restaurant discounts. Each restaurant in the system will have specified days/time ranges when the members can receive discounts during.
This project will require:
basic knowledge of Ajax [update text/values upon actions]
good knowledge of PHP/MySQL
experience with sending emails at scheduled intervals (once a week)
knowledge of creating a secured backend for managing content as well as member accounts and such.
experience with accepting/displaying reviews, and calculating overall rating averages.
experience with allowing users to upload pictures to be moderated via the backend.
knowledge of creating an ad rotation system, for ads displayed on the frontend.
On the homepage, there will be a display of the current day's discounted restaurants and their available time ranges. If there are no restaurants available on the current day, the next day that has restaurants available will be displayed. There will also be a drop down box that will contain upcoming days that when changed, will change the available restaurants data.
Also on the homepage will be a table of all available restaurants, in a grid/data-sheet format, with check marks under the columns [i.e. smoking allowed, vegetarian, etc]. This information will be pulled from a MySQL database. Upon clicking a restaurant's row in the grid, the restaurant's page will display, containing the restaurant name, picture, description, reviews, and a write a review form. The first 2-3 reviews will be displayed to guests - logging in will reveal all reviews. Also, writing a review will require the visitor to be logged into their account. The reviews will consist of both text, as well as several ratings [i.e. quality of food, quality of service, etc]. The review will receive an overall average rating.
Lastly on the homepage will be a small space for ads.
There will be a signup form for new members, which will require email confirmation via an emailed link. The signup form will also contain profile demographics for the users (i.e. age, sex, marital status, etc).
There will be a page called 'My Account' which will allow users to edit their profile details, and to optionally change their emailing preferences.
There will be a page called 'Financial Data' which will display information pulled from an external database to the user in various formats.
The backend will be password protected, with a backdoor password hardcoded to the script.
There will be the following backend pages:
1. CMS = this page will allow the editing for the texts on the frontend
2. Add new restaurant = on this page, the admin will enter an email address, and the restaurant will receive an email with a link to fill out a profile asking them for the data to be displayed on the frontend grid (i.e. smoking or non-smoking? vegetarian?).
3. Manage restaurants = on this page, the admin will be able to edit any information about a restaurant, including its reviews and ratings, as well as be able to delete restaurants from the system.
4. Add / Manage markets = restaurants will be categorized by market, and on this page, the admin will add/edit/delete markets.
5. Add / Manage cuisine = restaurants will also be categorized by cuisine, and on this page, the admin will add/edit/delete cuisines.
6. Add new members = on this page, the admin will be able to create new member accounts.
7. Pending members = on this page, members that have confirmed their email, but have not confirmed receiving their membership card will be displayed.
8. Manage members = on this page, the admin will be able to edit/del member accounts' info.
9. Print labels = on this page, the admin will be able to export new members' address info to a .csv file, for printing labels.
10. Display demographics = this page will report member demographic statistics.
11. Ads = on this page, the admin will be able to add/edit/del ads that will rotate on the homepage.
If you are interested in this project, please make a bid and let us know how long it will take you to complete this project. Also, you must send us examples of similar work you have completed, as well as examples of source code, or you will not be considered.
Final note: This project will not include any object oriented programming. You must be able to develop this solely with PHP code and functions - we do not want any objects used in this project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online