PHP/mySQL Thumbnail Cache Script
This project was awarded to mipblackhawk for $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I have a directory of websites that I'm looking to create thumbnail images for. So I'm looking for someone to create a script that uses [url removed, login to view]'s api to generate two thumbnails, save the cached versions to my server then add the file name and a few other details to a mySQL table.
The script details are as follows:
1. Generate 2 thumbnail images from [url removed, login to view]'s api. The first will need to be 328x425 pixels the second will need to be 60x48 pixels
2. Enter the 2 file names to a mySQL table along with a reference id from a database I'll provide, and a date for when the image was cached
The admin part of the script will need to do the following:
1. View all listings which have no image for their listing with the ability for me to generate the 2 thumbnail images for these listings.
2. View all listings which have a cached image older than 30 days (with the ability to update older cached images and delete the old cached image from the server)
3. Fully delete images/database reference if a listing has become inactive on the site.
I know it would be possible to do a lot of this as an automated script, however the industry the directory is based changes a lot so sites close all the tim. By doing it manually gives me the opportunity to manually view listings that have closed over the previous 30 day allowing me to keep my directory up to date.
I also had the idea to save the cached images to Amazon S3 service, if you believe this can be done without too much extra work please post in you bid.
Details of thumbalizr's api can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
If you have any questions, please just ask.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online