Hi - Thanks for looking at my listing.
My name's Mike and I'm a web designer / web project manager from the UK.
I’m looking for a good web developer to partner with on forthcoming projects – some for third party clients but mainly for my own projects. I say I’m looking or a “good” developer, I’ve done PHP / MySQL sites myself which have been successful but I’m looking to pass that side of the work to someone whose main gig is in developing. This is mainly because I want to play to my strengths – dealing with clients, specking out the project and then moving on to designing the site.
Technically, I’m looking for:
• Great PHP / MySQL skills + problem solving ability
• DB skills - optimising MySQL
• Great experience with AJAX + jQuery
• Screen-scraping script writing ability
• UI coding
• Paypal integration – possibly other payment service providers
• PPC program – one of the projects I am planning is a network of niche price comparison sites which will run via a centralised pay-per-click system.
I’m an easy going and flexible guy, I don’t work to strict timetables or fixed daily schedules – I often work in the evening and at nights. At the same time I also need to remain professional especially when I’m dealing with third party clients. I don’t want to sound like a slave driver or scare you off, but the following professional skills are important.
• Honesty & Discretion – If we’re partnering, I’m open to discussing sharing the rewards of the projects too. What I don't want are people running away and developing my ideas for themselves.
• Communication – Communication is important through project development and while I don’t expect you to be online every minute of the day, I would like to be kept informed of “where you’re up to”. Obviously it would really bug me if my partner vanished without warning. I do like working with IM – Skype or MSN are preferred but I’m happy to work with other platforms.
• Timescales & Costs – When I pass you a project spec I’d like to know what kind of timescale and price you would anticipate. I’m not saying you would have to stick to those exact quotes but obviously I need to be able to manage client expectations and I have to be professional in doing that.
• English language skills are important.
The first project I will be working on is for a fitness personal trainer. This should be a pretty basic site which really has a lot of CRUD functionality. Paypal integration will be required. I have a more detailed spec that I can send over if this is something you're interested in.
This project will be custom programming with a budget of $500 - $1k.
After this is complete I am looking to work on my own projects on a longer term basis and I'm happy to pay or discuss collaborating and sharing the rewards. This is quite an ambitious one and will likely involve a lot of coding.
This will involve setting up a custom pay-per-click platform which could potentially service 100+ related websites showing ads. The ability to develop custom screen scraping scripts is also crucially important. These will be set up on a per-website basis. I want to scrape 1000s of prices. I think I have a "different" approach to the way I want this price comparison to work and it will be an exciting project to be involved with.
I can't budget for this project here as it will need to be discussed in depth and I want to establish a relationship / trust first. I am prepared to spend what it takes to get this up and running - $xx,xxx's.
I'm only really interested in speaking with individuals or small teams as I want to build a long standing relationship. I think that would be difficult if I'm dealing with a company, I could be wrong though but would need to be convinced.
If it is something you’re interested in please get in touch.
Thanks for you time,