Application Web Interface migration
This project was awarded to streamingguy for $637.5 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$500 - $5000 USD
We need help with migrating an updated Web based user interface for a new software release. The updated Web UI already exists but needs modification to fit a new release of the main (VB) application regarding URL structure and partial conversion from ASP to ASPX.
A new software release for a VB6 Windows application has been created.
The main purpose of the upgrade is for rebranding and bug fixes.
In the process the URL used to access the Web User Interface (Web UI) has also been modified, effectively making it branding independent.
Here is a list of various observations:
- The new and old version of the Web UI seems to call the Windows application differently:
* Old Web UI authenticates through a POST command to a CGI. This can be seen in the file [url removed, login to view]
* New Web UI authenticates using an object reference through server side VB (in ASPX) file. This can be seen in the file [url removed, login to view]
* It appears like the name of the API for the new release of the VB application uses a different naming convention then previously. Specifically it does not seem to include the version number in the API name.
- Some Web UI application (CGI) application calls are to files with embedded release numbers in the file names.
These will obviously have to be modified but are relatively easy to spot.
- We have made some attempts of conversion already but basically are not knowledgeable enough about the finer details of Web programming. However, we have some experience with working with the code base which should be useful for answering questions.
- If required access can be given to browse the VB application source code. This may be required to figure out details about the API for example.
The application is installed on Win 2003 Server and the Web UI uses IIS6. Extensive knowledge is probably required about IIS security configuration with respect to .NET and VB components.
The developer will be able to download and install locally all the versions of the applications and Web UI for the development process.
If required remote access can be made available to the demo servers but is expected that it should be enough to have the applications installed locally.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online