This project received 33 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £1251 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
I have built Access Database (accdb) Application which is working in my school on the network and on laptops. I want to convert this to a web site so that many schools can use it but don't have the time to learn a new skill set. The database is intended to record students performance in Athletics events, award points from a lookup table and produce queries based on event, class(teaching group), year group, house, gender, etc..
Sprints (100m,200m,300m,400m,800m,1500m, 3000m)
Jumps (long jump, high jump, triple jump, pole vault)
Throws (shot, javelin, discus, hammer)
Teacher needs to look up the class, select the event. The application then displays a list to which the teacher can add the student performance. The application then looks up the points to be awarded for this event and displays them as the student data is entered. The teacher can then print out that list, if they wish, while it is current so that students can quickly view their performance.
All data is stored for all events in order that students can be ranked by their performance in each Event, or the 'Best3' scores for a Sprint, Jump and Throw, or the 'Best5' scores - which is best Sprint, Jump and Throw plus the next best 2 events not used in the Best3. Staff need to be able to construct queries with up to 2 parameters eg best girl in ([house]) or ([year group]) or just by class (teaching group), year group, house, gender etc, and sort by performance ie time or distance.
Individual records also need to be produced as a record sheet for all events. ie a student's best performance (and points) for each event (even if not taken part in) and the award (if any) - see below
There is an award system that awards levels when a student has achieved different thresholds of points from their best performances eg a student's best performances this year add to 400 points which gets him "Level 4".
To summarise there are 4 main sequences:
1. Admin - staff need to be able to upload and edit class lists to the database -this must obviously be specific for a school or institution as many schools may wish to use it (i hope)
2. staff need to select a class and event and enter data for a selected group and a selected event with a date field for the Event. Data enterd will be either in seconds, minutes and seconds, or meters and centimetres. Staff also need to enter DNS (did not start) or DNF (did not finish). All times are converted to seconds to lookup in my current database.
3. staff need to be able to query the database with up to 2 parameters (cant think why they might need any more) for class/group lists or to produce individual performance sheets and make awards
4. after each school year the records need archiving in order that best performances/ school records may be maintained. Schools like to remember that John Smith ran 100m in 8 seconds(!) in 2013 or the highest best3 or best5 was Amy Jones in 2014. These are targets for later students to aspire to.
I suggest that the best 3 (not'Best3') performances by girls and the best 3 by boys, for each event and each year group ( in my school there are 5 year groups in each calendar year - years 7 to 11) including Best3 and Best5 are archived.
I suggest that the site can only be accessed by staff from staff computers/laptops so the username of the device must be quietly required before password and name are asked for. Schools are really cagey (rightly) about data going out on the web. Is it possible that names do not leave the school, only the admission number and that names are removed when the data goes out and added when the data comes back in. This would require a browser of some kind (dont know the terminology) but I envisage some kind of local application which views the external site and edits the data going out and coming back in so that anyone hacking the external site directly, without using this application, would not get meaningful info. Does this make sense? Am I being paranoid?
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online