Mobile Phone Product Delivery System
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $294 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$500 - $5000 USD
We need 1 developer to complete the implementation of our mobile phone product delivery system. This involves 2 items:
1. Migrate our current Microsoft SQL Server-based ordering page to our new MySQL-based system. This involves creating some new tables in the MySQL database that map to the current SQL server tables, then updating the [url removed, login to view] component code to access MySQL using MySQL ODBC connector.
2. Integrate our new [url removed, login to view], C# code-behind delivery system into item 1.
You need the following:
- Excellent C#, [url removed, login to view], and MySQL skills
- One of the following cell phones with wireless Web and data access: Nokia Series 40; Nokia Series 60; Sony Ericsson T6xx; Sprint PCS Vision. In your bid please identify your phone model and wireless carrier.
- Windows 2000 or XP Terminal Services for access to our server
- A Web server running at least IIS 5 so that we can test the code by accessing it from your server with our mobile phones.
ADDITIONALLY AND QUITE IMPORTANTLY, you must be able to confirm that you can download and install a J2ME application "over-the-air" (using wireless Web -- typically GPRS). This is critical since end-to-end-testing requires product delivery into a mobile phone.
Attached to this bid request is a copy of the source to our existing ordering page (originally based on the [url removed, login to view] IBuySpy sample code), as well as copies of the source to the [url removed, login to view] C# component code. For parties in whom we are interested we will request a signed NDA. After that we will provide a copy of all current source for item 2 above, as well as a database layout, prior to your final bid.
Successful completion of this project will mean:
1. Using a desktop Web browser (minimum requirement is IE 5), an order can be entered into the system through the migrated, MySQL-based ordering page. We do not expect this code to access our actual credit card authorization system; however the code must be in place to do so.
2. The result of the order is a product entry in our MySQL database system
3. That product can then be retrieved by an end user with their cell phone by accessing the mobile page from our new delivery system (the one from item 2. above that you integrated into item 1).
Step 1. Convert existing SQL Server user account tables to MySQL
Step 2. Convert existing [url removed, login to view] page and component code to use MySQL tables
Step 3. Test placement of orders. This is a Process Checkpoint, at which we expect to validate your results.
Step 4. Integrate new delivery system code with converted [url removed, login to view] ordering page
Step 5. Test mobile access to product page
Step 6. Deliver to us for testing
Step 7. Fix any problems
Step 8. Deliver to us for final approval
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows:
Deliverables must be installed by the Buyer in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment. Once approved by Seller, deliverables will then be accepted by Seller and Seller will provide installation into the Seller's environment.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000 Server
MySQL ODBC [url removed, login to view]
Microsoft .Net 1.1
[url removed, login to view] 1.1
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online