PROJECT MANAGER PROGAM- repost 2
This project received 37 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2766 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 AUD
****ADVISORY TO SCOPE IS ACCEPTABLE****
We operate a small sub-contracting firm in the building and construction industry operating under several entities.
Our current system is crude. And is completely single-user MS Office based.
We are in need of a "propriety" software package or programme to suit our needs of
- Project Document management,
- Client Management,
- Supplier management.
Integration with MYOB would be a BIG plus…but can come well later....
The Presentation should be user friendly and intuitive.
The logic and data should be adaptive and scaleable.
We are thinking a open source may be the way to proceed; however, suggestions are welcomed.
As sub-contractors , we operated under multiple trade names and operating entities. So we would like when initially “installing” the software/programme, it has an option for LOGO, address placement, etc..
We would also like it to be security key locked timed... monthly is good...
For documents we would like an option for EITHER Automatic sequential creation OR manual input of project numbers.
Our clients run multiple projects of which each is a separate billable project for us. IE. Company XYZ hires us to work on Project One, Project Two, and Project Three. Each project is a separate contract and has a several different contacts and separate billing requirements.
Our documentation is fairly standardized as per local laws and requirements for record keeping and billing. As laws and requirements change, so may the documents. So scalability is a must.
Data tier… We would prefer to have the data tier to be user friendly (not usually). So, some have advise SQL, ACCESS and outlook integration. Others have advised Java … Advice in your tender is appreciated.
- Mobility… a focus on mobility would be highly favoured. If one our people are on a construction site, we would like for them to be able to use program away from the office.
- Quickly link documents and images to data records.
- Easily locate documents using Google-like text search.
- Easily send email and multiple attachments into the document repository, automatically indexing them individually.
- Create documents on the fly based on configurable Microsoft® Word™ templates and automatically mail merge information from the originating records.
- Send documents via email and have program scan for responses in Outlook????
- Send revised attachments and documents on same thread automatically back into the repository with index and search capability.
- Routing and Reviewing
- Create distribution list for documents and provide notifications for reviewers on approvals/feedback due.
- Configure routing and review statuses to match workflows.
VERY IMPORTANT***The documents when created should be time/date/sequence stamped to create a printed record trail to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
advised received to date:
It has been recommended to
- use [url removed, login to view] MVC (Microsoft) as the web front-end because it is best-of-breed.
- use C# (Microsoft) to build the business logic tier (Java was bought from Sun by Oracle about 3 years ago and its support has floundered) and
- use Microsoft SQL Server as the database since it has built-in support for storing documents in binary or XML format with full text-searching capabilities.
Of greater importance than the technology used, is how the system is designed. Poor design will lead to an unmaintainable mess; good design provides a solid foundation for easier maintenance and future enhancements. I AGREE!!!! This is where a sound communication and the programmer asking the right questions shall create a workable programme.
I need to be assured of quality work, sound communication and yes… a fast COST EFFECTIVE delivery.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online