Main point is to make sure the site is working better SEO wise. Need to also rewrite norwegian characters from the 3 norwegian special characters.
æ into a
ø into o
å into aa
There are also more points which we would like to be done and we are also very interested in your ideas, suggestions and comments on how to improve the overall SEO-performance of the site by doing code changes.
We do have a demo site setup (however using the live DB, so we do not want modifications to the DB at all at this point)
If DB modifications are needed, I would need a "step by step" guide on what to do and how to do it to improve the SEO-performance of the site.
This would be a one off job but if delivering properly there could be quite a lot more jobs for this site.
Here is a list of "issues" we do believe would help us increase our SEO-rankings. Your further ideas and suggestions/comments would be most appreciated.
Coders who can clearly show that they know what they are talking about and who can also suggest more ways to improve would naturally be preferred. A great understanding of .NET technology is required.
Here are some of the points we have "figured out ourselves".
1) We should add this to our meta data (header) on all pages:
<META HTTP-EQUIV='Content-Type' CONTENT='text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1'>
2) We should add this to our meta data:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"/>
3) We should remove this from our meta data:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset="utf-8">
4) All images on our front page should have alt titles. Currently image this and image that is missing alt tags.
5) We have setup Google Analytics on the site to be able to track, view and follow what the visitor does on your site
6) An attribute value literal can occur in an attribute specification list only after a VI delimiter
Solution: We should add the “just before and after the nb-no text on this line to make it validate
7) Document type does not allow element "META" .It should not be placed in head but within the body part of the site
8) Your urls are using special norwegian characters, like æ, ø and å. Search engines are not fan of these types of special characters. You should use ae, oe and aa instead.
9) Placing the right keywords for title and submitting sitemap in google web master.
10) Give a short Title in your page in 3-9 words (60-80 characters) maximum in length containing your primary keyword.
Remember it will be displayed in search results so choose wisely.
11) You need to be sure that you are avoiding duplication of your information on different sites as this can drastically reduce your SEO rankings. You can instead either reference or place a link to an article from many different pages.
12) Static URLs are indexed more quickly and search the pages easily than dynamic URLs
Naturally we would want the site to validate in all possible ways. Here is listed a few of the issues and a few of the ways it doesn't validate.
Url to the website will be provided only per messaging here on RAC and will not be published in this project details.
If any questions or comments feel free to contact me.
We would want to start up this ASAP so please do not hesitate to contact us.