Social Networking Website Needed!
This project received 25 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $3087 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are looking for someone/team to build a unique social networking website. This will incorporate some of the basic features of such a site (for ex. facebook) and additionally a few unique features (discussed only with potential bidders).
Important: Upon bidding - please provide your company expertise, samples of previous social networking websites or related projects developed and any other information that would help us choose you!
I envision the web application to be developed using the following technologies and interface:
- AJAX for the UI
- Website in XHTML/CSS interface (web 2.0 style design)
- PHP 5+
- MySQL 5+
- Load balanced architecture using Apache or any other
- Architecture design to support 100,000 requests per minute
We are only interested in companies or individuals that already have experience in build social network or related web applications. Performance of the application and efficient UI is the key.
An AJAX developer with extensive UI skills is a must in the group
A few basic features of the website:
- web2.0 design
- seamless signup process
- 3 degree social network
- news feed similar to [url removed, login to view]
- profile page with drag-drop widgets
- search (advanced)
- messaging center
- privacy options
- import contacts from various sources like outlook, gmail, hotmail etc... etc...
Other unique features and detailed requirements will only be shared with potential bidders after signing an NDA. Our goal is to find the right team with the right experience to kick off the project. Good luck!
UPDATE: The basic features of the website has already been done - we found a customizable social networking script developed in PHP/MySQL. Your project would be to essentially customize, develop additional plugins etc... as per our requirements to complete the project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
web-based - all operating systems - all web browsers
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online