Greetings Sharepoint developers...
I am a fellow developer but am totally swamped with work. I have several web parts that need developing in the coming months so thought I would try this forum to find the right person to do a fairly simple one.
To find the right person I will expect to see examples of web parts you have developed in the past. This is not a project for someone learning. This is a C# project and I will want to see some code snippets so I can see what your coding style is. I will want the code to be somewhat documented with the hope that most of it is self describing. I expect you to follow Microsoft coding standards.
So, the project is basically a web part that will:
- use SQL Server 2000 (database will be supplied)
- use stored procedures supplied to you
- display a list of information within the web part
- edit information in the database based on what is listed
- add new rows into the list
It is going to mimic the list functionality in Sharepoint but have the source of data in the database.
There are of course more details. If you want to ask specific questions that will help you in your bidding then please feel free to contact me.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Minimum Windows 2000 Server (prefer Windows Server 2003) and running Windows Sharepoint Services (WSS) as well as SQL Server 2000 with the latest service packs installed on each of the above.