XML Discussion board system
- Status Closed
- Budget $100 - $200 USD
- Total Bids 7
Urgently Required with in a week.
I want to create a discussion board system based on XML files rather than databases. The discussion system is an add-on to an existing system so that user registration is already taken care of. You can assume that the user's name will be a Session variable or a query string parameter. The board discussion would allow for the standard features of board systems e.g. quotes, smileys and for a flat structure like phpBB or vBulletin. It should also be acapable of skinning the board through the substitution of CSS and images directory. When a user posts a response they either post a response to the whole thread or to a single reply within the thread. If they post to a single reply then the resulting structure should show this hierarchy. When postig a response the XML file should be locked in some way whilst it is appended to and saved. If the XML file is already being posted to the second user should be able to wait for the first user to release.
This system is not designed for large groups to be able to post to.
Lastly there should be an option to show the discussion in reverse chronological order (i.e. newest post first)
There is no requirement for silly avatars for users or for links to their profiles just their name and date of post.
I would like a simple smiley processing system though.
I would like the project to be written in C# classes running on ASP. I am open to purely ASP based solutions
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* .NETGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online