This project was awarded to WhizPool for $4639 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
WHO WE ARE
We are selling Smart TV devices running on Android 4.2 OS. Our target market is Arab countries in the middle east.
One of the main uses of Smart TV devices is running videos from YouTube site. However, YouTube has many videos that are not appropriate for the conservative Arab customers. Even when putting YouTube filter on Strict mode, it is full of inappropriate content. The problem is more embarrassing when watching YouTube with family on TV screen.
Example: Put YouTube on strict mode and search for "super hot lesbian girls kissing" or "tongue kiss" .. You will see many lesbian, gay and straight kissing .. all are inappropriate for Arab families.
* Develop "Family Tube", which is an YouTube player on Android, which will filter inappropriate content based on black lists of: 1) keywords, 2) Channel name and 3) video ID.
* Family Tube will have the basic features of YouTube android app.
* The black list content will be fed by us (Administrator) and by smart TV users (when they see inappropriate content they flag it for us).
* Users who can flag inappropriate content need to sign in to YouTube.
* There will be a web based or Android app for admin to manage all content.
* The server should be fast enough to service thousands of users at peak time. Prefer cloud solution.
While providing your best price and timing you need to consider the following:
* We will own the source code for the Android app, and web / server to run the program.
* This is the first phase of the project and if it succeed with customers .
* Demonstrate from previous projects work on Android and YouTube.
* Need to explain how the server / cloud solution will handle high future traffic. I.e. how we grow with traffic.
* Milestones will be: 10% upfront, 50% after completing first running "Family Tube", 30% upon completing project, 10% one month after competition for debugging any issues.
More details will be provided later on how to manage the black lists, layout of screens and more.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online