The brief below is for part of a much larger CRM system that needs to be built. Based on the performance of this job, we may offer the chosen provider full time work for 6 months.
Job Logging/Reporting System
Our client is a cleaning company and they get "work orders" sent to them from government departments like schools and other buildings to do cleaning work. The work usually has to be carried out in a certain timeframe and at certain times (ie it must be done in the next 48 hours and before 9am or after 3pm as it’s a school).
Currently these orders come in and the client’s admin puts these into a excel spreadsheet. She updates most fields from the work order itself and then as the job progresses she adds in the date/time that the jobs was started/finished/invoiced/etc
She has no way of reporting on this at the moment to see what percentage of jobs are done on time or anything like that.
We need to make a basic web application so the client admin can track all these work orders in a much more structured way and can produce reports.
We will need to build a few small admin areas to manage a few dropdowns such as job type, franchise, and client/contract.
We will need to build a system to allow the admin to enter a new work order and put in all the basic info. The admin will also need to be able to edit the existing data to be able to put in the dates as the job progresses.
The admin will need to be able to produce reports based on a few criteria such as:
• Percentage of jobs completed on time and late
• Percentage of jobs completed on time and late for a specific franchise
• Percentage of jobs completed on time and late for a specific client
The reports will be clearly defined later but that should give you an idea. There is not a lot of data so they will not be that complex. They mainly need to be able to track if jobs are not being done on time, so they can find out why and improve their on-time completion rate.
• A sample ‘word order’ can be seen by looking at the “Sample Work [url removed, login to view]”
• A sample of the current excel spreadsheet for logging the jobs can be seen by looking at the “Sample Job [url removed, login to view]”
• The system will be built using php.
• The system will need the following basic functions
o Protected admin area
o Admin dashboard showing basic info such as open/overdue/completed jobs in the system
o Add/edit/delete administrators
o Management area for common data (job type / clients / etc)
o Add/edit work orders