Online Photo Social Network
This project received 40 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $6061 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budgetmin $3000 USD
This is an online photo sharing social network similar to Flickr. Users will upload photos to their personal accounts and be able to sort these photos in various albums. Photos can be tagged and commented on by registered users. Photos and albums can be viewed by anyone (according to privacy settings) and be voted on by other registered users.
The details provided below are a basic outline of the picture. Qualified candidates will be sent an NDA and a comprehensive specifications document, as well as a list of proposal requirements.
We are interested in a long-term partnership with a developer company - not a "one-time" deal, but something sustainable, a relationship we can use in the future with other, similar products.
In-house testing done concurrently by us and developer company for a period of 2 months, with any changes we deem necessary to be made for no additional cost. Any other reasonable testing suggestions will be taken under advisement.
Full-technical support for an agreed-upon amount of time.
Full documentation provided to us as well as technical support given to our programmers.
Suggested structure, features.
• 200 requests/second for over 100k photos
• To serve our needs we'll require what's called a "LAMP" stack - Linux operating system, apache web server, mysql database and php scripting language. For more information, please consult [url removed, login to view](software_bundle).
- Featured Photos as selected by the administrators
- Popular Photos as determined by number of votes
- Most Viewed Photos as determined by number of views
- Most Recent Photos
- Meta-tag cloud with popular photo tags
- Created by the users after providing personal information
- Users will be able to determine the privacy settings for their personal account
- Personal and contact information
- Photo albums
- List of their contacts
- A space where other users can leave messages
- A feed documenting the user’s latest actions (uploaded photos, photos commented on, etc.)
- Inbox where users can send private messages to others
- Available for updated content including photo albums, personal page, etc.
- Feed documenting the user’s latest actions can be done with a RSS
- Available for categories of photos (Most Recent, Most Viewed, Most Popular, Featured, Locations)
- Photos uploaded by registered users
- Photos can be searched by any Internet user
- Photos are organized by albums created by the users
- New photos can be uploaded in existing albums
- Users can determine privacy settings for their photos
- Photos can be tagged and commented on
- Photos can be voted on
- Photos are searchable by tags, popularity, number of views, location, etc.
- Photos will contain embed codes to allow users to post them elsewhere
We want the ability to add functions in the future; for this, we will require full documentation of the project and its development.
- Allow users to link their account to their mobile device and upload as well as search for photos
Multiple User Functions
- Allow users to create groups
- Groups will be created by clicking on a link and filling out standard fields (i.e. name, theme, description, etc.).
- Users may post messages on the group page, and post photos from their albums
- Groups will have admins who are users – the group will run completely autonomously
- Users will also be able to post, sort, tag and organize shared photo albums
We need to develop a widget that registered users can add to their other existing social networks. Widgets would have a single display that the user can customize. It could operate using the RSS feeds we will have for the photo categories, or with some other technology.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online