desktop photo application
This project received 14 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Cross platform desktop photo application:
Application has pro and consumer versions, meaning the same application built in stages. The pro version should be easier to build and will go to a smaller more advanced audience, needing fewer bells and whistles.
The build needs to be cross platform, easy to install on both Mac and PC. We considered using, but by all means are NOT limited to, Adobe AIR or Java or C++ using QT for the ease of install. Please be creative and tell us what language you are comfortable programming in.
• Find images on the desktop using a list of folders. No need to display anything but a hierarchal list of folders (like Bridge).
• Click on a folder in the list and display images within that folder in a window like Bridge. (Do not display anything but images)
• Select a single image and manipulate it with our tool, as well as provide access to the images’ metadata IPTC and XMP.
• Apply our patent-pending technology to the image. This will involve accessing / querying a database online. Also it will involve a credit system that will be used to moniterize the whole system (pay for the accessing of the online data).
• Save the image in its location, in a nondestructive manner, once user is finished.
• Pro tool needs to batch process whole folders of hi-res images for web size (can choose from set sizes like 5x7@72dpi or 4x6@72dpi etc…) and save to separate location/folder for upload later.
• User will have the option to upload images or whole folders to a website. User will set up predetermined accounts for upload, as well as a tool to add more accounts. When an account is added, a button or link will show up alongside the preinstalled accounts. After clicking on a button to upload to that site, a window pops up to choose the folder/photos to upload. Uploader needs to be graphical and EASY to use with progress, speed, duration, etc.
The whole application can have a look and feel like Adobe Bridge. We don’t mind the utilitarian look and it is familiar to our professionals. Overall it should look professional and be easy to install and use. Buttons need to be in the right places where one would expect them to be.
Phase 2: Consumer version
More simplified and some more consumer related tools.
(Addition) Photo tools such as cropping, red eye, rotate, dust spotting, resizing, etc…
We will change up our technology to a more basic version to be more consumer-oriented.
The upload account choices (too many to mention) will be expanded to include several popular consumer options.
You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to receiving full documentation and starting work on this project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online