Secure file transfer web application and backend code
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $850 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
You are requested to develop a web application, which allows user registration, login, and secure file uploads.
Technologies used should include PHP, Python, C, MySQL.
- Interface and backend to be quicker or equal to other existing services (dropbox, box)
- Code should be written from scratch, no third party libraries
- No plugins, it will work within any modern browser
- There should be a browse and drag and drop upload facility
- Asynchronous uploads
- Option to encrypt the file(s) on upload. This should be 256-bit AES. When selecting Encrypt the user will be asked for a username, a password and key phrase.
- Option to send an encrypted file via email. When the recipient opens the email there will be a link which opens the website and asks for a pass phrase. (For 7 & 8 see a similar example here [url removed, login to view]).
- All data will be stored encrypted in MySQL
- Obviously each user account should be completely private with permissions to files and folders managed by the user.
- The interface should be minimalist and clean.
- Allow to share a file or folder privately or publicly
- Option to create folders as well as files
- Folders (as well as files) can be private as well as shared publicly
- Should render and work on iOS devices
- Use [url removed, login to view] as an example of how the layout, registration, login and password reminders should work.
- During registration a user should be able to enter a email address, password, password confirmation, and “Personal” or “Business” account and hit Sign up
- Confirmation email to be sent
- Allow the web admin to set upload limits per account type (Personal, Business)
- Allow the web admin to set bandwidth limits per account type (Personal Business)
- Allow admin the ability to set which file types are included and excluded (Personal, Business)
- Allow a Ban facility to stop users from uploading with a configurable custom message
- A payment mechanism should exist which will prompt a user for a payment (PayPal is fine) after a configurable number of days. This requires more thought and does have to be delivered in this project but please keep in mind while developing the database.
You will only be considered if you produce a technical explanation of how you will deliver this project and / or if you provide a high level working prototype.
You must be a advanced programmer and have a designer to help with the Web, Interface, UI / UX, and css.
Once you complete this project you will be offered a second project to add other functionality and promote to AWS. You will have an option to be part of this longer term.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online