I am looking for a skilled developer with good knowledge of multi threaded systems and Linux. The main objective of the program is to run a large number of php scripts simultaneously and as efficiently as possible. Each php script will be run based on a a given path and a set of variables for each script. You will get access to a server and a test enviroment which is ready to test your program.
The job consists of two parts:
1) A PHP script called run.php. This script will only read a php array of paths or urls and an array containg a set of variables for each path or url. The php script will connect with the C/C++ program and make sure all those files are run simultaneously in a very efficient way.
- The script should work independently in which folder it is placed.
- The php script should work on an apache server.
- The script should work when calling it either from the browser or using a linux command such as: php /var/html/[url removed, login to view]
- The php script should know when all scripts are finished running.
- The following settings should be implemented:
=> server login (for paths to the same server)
=> web login (for urls)
=> proxy login (with username and password)
=> timeout for the individual scripts
=> option to return the output of the content or not (discard it)
2) A program written in C or C++ which runs on linux centos that will run a large number of php scripts at the same time in a very efficient way.
- The program should be able to run at least 400 php scripts at once and simultaneously without any siginificant time delay in the start of each individual script.
- The program should run all those scripts in threads within a single process, which should be the most efficient way.
- A number of PHP variabels should be send to each individual PHP script.
- The script should be able to deal with concurrency: The program should know which scripts are being run for that particular session AND it should know when all those individual php scripts are finished.
- Sometimes a remote server will be used and then it should be possible to use a login username and password for that server. If there is no username and password given, logging in should be avoided and the same server should be used. Loggin in will take additional resources from the server and should be avoided if scripts from the same server are being run.
- A timout value should be passed to each individual script that determines after how much time the script should timeout.
You will need to place your [url removed, login to view] script will be placed in a web directory and will be called through the browser and linux command line to test it. A set of paths/urls and variables will be input to this [url removed, login to view] script. The output of [url removed, login to view] when run from the browser or linux command line will show the output for each indivudal script.
You need to provide a manual that describes step by step how to install your software to make it ready for use.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
Good skill in computing. Enjoy collaboration. :)
We are a group of experienced engineers with different backgrounds (telecommunications, electronics and systems) with experience in technologies like C/C++/C#/Java/Linux/Scripting, who have worked for telecommunications companies.
wrexham, United Kingdom
Seasoned professional software, embedded systems, games and database engineer; ready to take on new challenges and establish strong relationships with potential clients.
Rockford, United States
Primarily skills in performance programming, C++/C, Objective C, Fortran, Parallel Programming, pthreads, GUI development, Cocoa, JNI, and Network programming (TCP/IP, Encryption).Specialize in client/server applications over TCP/UDP sockets, UDP hole punching. Over 25 year experience in these: OS X, UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris. Also, specializing in License Management
M.E. in Computer science and Engineering. 16 years of IT experience. Successfully completed many challenging projects. Provide innovative software solution in stand alone as well web based projects.
Our systems strictly meets the needs of our clients, from concept to deploy, considering every single aspect of the solution about hardware and software design, along with a closer track of all the steps in the project, including those not directly related with the technology, when the project require logistics and remote operation, administration and maintenance.
Have worked on various telecom products like SMSC, USSD, MCA, CRBT, VAS, IVR etc
I describe myself as a pure programmer. Be it a gui application to control an FPGA using a PCI slot, or a complicated website using PHP and MySQL. I started using computers in 1998 and suddenly fell in love with them. I began with QBasic and then moved to Visual Basic. Then learned Delphi and finally C++. I have been focusing on C/C++ programming on different OS for the past seven years. First using Borland C++ Builder, then Microsoft Visual Studio, and now Qt on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Meanwhile I learned other dominant languages such as C# and Java. I have also a lot of experience with embedded platforms and ARM microcontrollers. Currently I have a few development boards at home such as: STM32F4 Discovery, an LPC1768 development board, an LPC2378 development board, and a BeagleBone.
I won't pretend that I know every thing, but I will do my best