I need a simple SL 4 application, as a proof of concept.
It will be made in VS 2010, with NET 4.0, and SQL Server 2008
It does not need to have any real, functional elements.
Instead, I just need a skeleton application, which I can then use as a starting point.
The application should be composable, using MEF.
It must be based on Silverlight Business Application template from VS 2010
The application skeleton needs to follow best practices for a LOB Silverlight MVVM project, using a modular (multi-XAP) approach.
You can use any sample database for backend (you can use AdventureWorks, NorthhWind, whatever). They will be used just for the purpose to create a simple entity edit (you can choose whatever entity you like)
No complex validation, just sample.
The app must be integrated with [url removed, login to view] membership.
The membership tables / SP's can be installed either in sample db you use, or external - your choice.
You create three roles - Admin / User / Client using [url removed, login to view] config site. And three users, one for each role.
The main application will be as follows:
1. main web app where the SL app is hosted - a simple web page, the content is not important. See [url removed, login to view]
It is html page, it is just entry point to SL app. Somewhere on the page will be a panel - SL for login using membership
2. when user login, it will redirect to main SL page.
Main SL page will be full screen
There are three separate startup pages, one for each role. They can be in main XAP, or in separate XAP's
All three pages share a common layout, (like a master page) with logo, Logout button/link, and footer. If user click Logout, they will be logged out from membership and redirected to main html page
2. Main page for Admin Role will be a simple page with three links (act as menu items) and a stackpanel. When user clicks the links, a separate sub-module will be loaded into the stackpanel. The submodules can do nothing (just a label, whatever). BUT they must be in separate XAP ([url removed, login to view])
3. Main page for User role two stackpanels, side by side, vertically. They will be empty, but at module load the stackpanels will load two submodules (from [url removed, login to view] sub-app). One submodule should contain a list (grid) of entities from the db you choose. And when an entity is selected, the right stackpanel will load the entity in details. The entity is not important, as well as the number of fields. 2-4 fields are enough. The right panel will allow to edit the loaded entity, the save button will save it, the cancel will simply close the detail and leave the right stack panel empty. Saving will refresh also the data on right grid
4. Main page for Client role will look like client.gif. Each panel will be actually just a stackpanel, which will load dynamically sub-modules (usercontrols) which are in separate XAP's. Spread them in two separate XAP's.
The loaded controls should simply be dummy (a simple image, label, doesn't matter)
The skeleton should be implemented using MVVM and blendable.
If this proof of concept is completed succesfully and fast, I might use the coder for implementing the
actual, real functionality in this app.
I need this to be done asap (3-4 days).