PHP Script to Sync Salesforce and MailChimp
This project received 22 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $888 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I am looking to partner with a talented PHP developer who can write a script which will sync the contact data in our Salesforce database with our MailChimp account. The script should run automatically every night (I will likely add a Cron Job within our cPanel), so that the data is always up-to-date.
Here is a rough outline of how the script should work:
1) Connect to Salesforce via an API
2) Query the contact data which match one of three designated record types (these can be hard-coded)
3) If the "last modified" date of the contact is more recent than the "Last Synced" field (this is a custom field that I will create), the script should transfer that contact information into MailChimp.
4) Once the transfer is complete, the script should update the "Last Synced" field for that contact; nothing will happen to contacts which were not synced
5) The script should send me an email letting me know that the synced was successful. If any errors occurred, the email should mention that.
I am not set on this process -- happy to hear your suggestions!
Something to mention: for each contact, the following information needs to be transferred into MailChimp:
1) First Name
2) Last Name
5) Email Address
6) Grade Level
#3, #4 and #6 are custom fields that I have in Salesforce. Moreover, "University" (#3) is actually a custom object of its own, so when you export it, you just get a series of letters and numbers. In MailChimp, however, I want to see the actual NAME, so the script has to also somehow convert those letters/numbers into the corresponding university name. Think of it as a massive find & replace. Same idea with "Status", which is actually just the record type. I want each record type converted into its corresponding label, e.g. "Active," "Inactive," or "Alumni."
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to reading your proposals!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online