This project is to create an interactive decision tree, walking users through the process of making a policy decision. The decision tree will be made up of 5 separate but connected flow charts (near final diagram attached that will be the basis for the logic of the chart.)
**I would like to select a developer today, so please bid as quickly as possible**
**I prefer to work with individual freelancers and not a company or agency.**
I want the interface to be similar to this decision tree tool, and I suggest we use this code as the basis and then customize it:
[url removed, login to view]
I am open to another tool being used or developed if the functionality is good enough, but unless there is a good reason not to, I prefer to work with this existing code and have you customize it. Check out the demo link there to see the basics of how this would work.
Changes to the default styles of the above decision tree tool:
• Visual layout/style will change based on designer’s guidelines. This will primarily involve CSS work.
• Need to show the user’s 2 most recent choices (like a breadcrumb trail), with the ability to click on them to go back to those steps.
• When you get to one of the many "recommended actions" (green boxes), we will show a list of recommended resources (external) as a list of links, based on what path the user took. This can be in the right column or somewhere outside the decision tree area. Design will provide guidance as to exact location/style.
• Sometimes users will be directed to another flowchart if they choose a path that leads to another chart (aqua boxes).
• In some of the boxes, we want to define key words or phrases (about 20 of them total). This should operate similar to a “tooltip” where the phrases is underlined, and if clicked on, a small popup gives the definition.
• At the end of the process, user will be shown a list of the entire decision tree path they took and a list of all the recommended resources based on the path they have chosen.
• This list at the end needs to be printable and able to be emailed.
This will all be presented as an iframe or through some other embed method within an existing website.
The colored boxes in the attached represent the following:
• All green boxes are recommendations, and each of these steps will involve a list of recommended resources. For example, if the recommended action is “Plant trees” then we’ll also include a list of a few external resources about planting trees.
• All red boxes are questions with possible yes/no answers that direct the user to a new path based on their selection.
• All aqua boxes direct to another flowchart.
• The yellow boxes indicate “starting over” at the beginning, or “ending” and being shown a list of the path taken and all recommended resources.
Timeline – Beta version (very good one) ready Aug 22. Final version by Sept. 2.
Since so much of the code exists, my sense is that we can pull it off without huge customization of the Google project code. The main need will be the related resources piece and the navigation trail, and some other minor customizations. If you’re interested, please let me know your bid based on the above.
In addition, if you can tell me a bit more about yourself and send a few links to development work you have done that’d be helpful.
Design will be provided, as well as final version of the attached with the actual content, and the related resources. I develop a good relationship with the freelancers I partner with and if things go well, you can assume other projects would come your way in the future.