JQuery select/dropdown form based navigation with sub-selects
This project was awarded to cosmicwheels for €450 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
- Change Word Press Theme Name
- Have a wordpress site built on Advanced Custom Fields Plugin... MUST HAVE THIS PLUGIN EXPERIENCE!!!
- Minor Fix Wordpress - Toggle Menu (Both Mobile and Desktop screen)
- Immediate start. Fix bug in PHP app to prevent users from registering multiple accounts with the same email address.
- Customize a section of my wordpress site
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget€250 - €750 EUR
We need a JQuery driven form, based on a simulated html select/dropdown. Through this form users can navigate through a number of select-options.
The form will consist of two levels of selects/option-sets. Some (not all) of the options in the main select (level 1) can activate a sub-select with related options (level 2). All options on both level 1 and 2 are clickable links (to a new, discinct url), meaning that all options on level 1 can be clicked while some of them can both be clicked or hovered to activate an underlying sub-select.
A graphic sketch of the form has been attached to this project for visualization.
- Script must be supported by official JQuery [url removed, login to view]
- Project must consist of unique styles (ie. no use of JQuery UI styles or other style plugins)
- Project will be implemented in php website, with data for all selects supplied from MySQL database
- Script must be written in separate js-file.
- All styles must be defined in separate css. No styles to be defined in js/html
- Select options on level 2 must have a background different than on level 1.
- Select options on level 1 which holds an underlying sub-select (level 2), must have an arrow indicator placed far right in the option area.
- When hovering an option (either level), hover effect must be used (background and font color) while option text must also be underlined to indicate that text is clickable
- When hovering a select option on level 1 which holds an underlying sub-select, appearance of the sub-select submenus must be delayed by 300ms
- All options (on both levels) must have an “active” class to create a distinct appearance when user is on the particular page url that corresponds to the selected options (ie. the url /premier-league/arsenal/ will make option “Premier League” active on level 1 and option “Arsenal” active on level 2)
- Likewise, the text value of current selection in the dropdown must always reflect the current url (ie. showing “England – Premier League » Arsenal” if the user is on the url mentioned in the bullet above).
The following jquery select projects have functionality that inspired this project, while both of them lack some or more of the above mentioned requirements (ie. current selection marking, sub-selects etc.):
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online