- Will use SocialEngine for the user management and social part of the website
- Will use SocialEngine CSS and layout (design) for this project so no custom Design/HTML/CSS coding is included
- SocialEngine customization will include:
* allow registered users to upload Civil Servant's information as requested on the documents sent and questions answered
* allow registered users to edit servant's personal information for the servant's the user has created (see question 2 below)
* allow registered users to rate (add a "new line to the chain" on client words) existing servants and upload up to 4 pictures for 4 different categories (good/bad/ugly/funny)
* allow registered users to vote servant's pictures, most voted pictures will be displayed for the servant
* search servants screen
* Servant detail page (like a profile) displaying all the servant information, ratings and pictures
Questions and Answers:
- I'd need more fine detail on the statistics to be produced no the civil servant profiles ratings, client talks about means/averages/etc but I don't know in which context, or where this information should be used/displayed.
The statistics produced will be the composite score for HONESTY, OFFICE CAPABILITY, RETURN ON INVESTMENT, RESPECT, LEADERSHIP, CONSERVATIVE/LIBERAL and KEEP OR CAN. The rating range is 0-5 stars in [url removed, login to view] increments for each category. These 7 items will be the figures displayed in the rating for each civil servant. We are not going to implement means at this time, only averages. If we use the Excel spreadsheet as a model, each user gets to insert an editable line either from scratch or by copying an existing entry. The first line and last line are done on the original entry of a new Civil Servant. The last line stays intact and is left blank just to hold the bottom line of the chain. In Excel, this is a convenient way to allow the placement of the calcs on the last line - as we have done to the extreme right of the chain at the bottom.
- Minor item, but I don't get what they want to do with the pictures, why 4?how these are uploaded? by who?
The pics are uploaded by the users at the time that they enter a new line onto the chain for a particular civil servant. If the civil servant has more than 8 entries, there will be a root page. On the root page will be displayed the most popularly voted pics out of each of the four categories. On the root page will be composite calculations similar to the rightmost area of the spreadsheet and say the last 4 or 5 "Last In - First Out" entries for each chain. The user then could click on the rest of the user chain, similar to the feedback part of ebay going chronologically backward. A page click should be available so that the user doesn't have to look at every page to see what was going on in say 1991 or half way through the database, but could click on page , say 31, and if not it, guess higher or lower to get to the appropriate time.
- Will this project request changing the site design? I assume that yes, but this isn't explicitly mentioned.
Social Engine uses a CSS. If the code that you guys write can work off the same CSS, then that would be ideal. WE would like all the pages to match style-wise.