This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $644 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Price Funeral Chapel, Inc. maintains a professional website that provides our local community with information and services. One of these is an online obituary service that also allows our online visitors to view obituaries and if they wish they can leave messages for the families. Our obituaries can, if the family wishes, include a photograph of the deceased family member.
The current online obituary page is populated through a MySQL database and PHP. You can view the online obituaries at http:://www.PriceFuneralChapel.com. Any obituary can have a message associated with it (using ogp pro) by following the name link, [url removed, login to view],%20Malcolm%20Daniel for an example. Just click on the name and you will be redirected to the online condolence book. We are using a custom version of esoftpro’s online guestbook ([url removed, login to view]) as the engine for the condolence book.
All admin functions for the online obituaries are implemented by clicking the Admin link at the bottom of the online obituary webpage. Admin functions include adding new obituaries, editing obituaries, and deleting obituaries. The condolence book entries are administered through the condolence book webpage.
Specifications for new obituary page:
The new obituary webpage* will need to incorporate responsive web design and link to the online condolence book (ogp Pro) and will need to have the following information displayed: (please see the attached pdf file for a visual example of an online obituary that we like)
• Thumbnail photo (if provided by the family).
• The deceased person’s name.
• The deceased person’s death date.
*Note: the new obituary webpage should display the most current obituaries and include the search option(s) discussed in the additional specifications section below.
• Search parameters would allow for the following type of searches:
- By name or part of a name, i.e., Robert Miller or Miller, Robert or Miller.
- By a death date or a range of dates, i.e., 6/15/2012 or 6/2012 or 6/1/2012-8/31/2012.
• All current obituaries/services would display the last 30 days of obituaries.
• All past obituaries/services would include all obituaries in the database from newest to oldest.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online