PHP, MySQL and Cold Fusion Website Development
This project was successfully completed by RBird for $3000 USD in 60 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Completed In60 days
I hired a team of programmers to create a new website loosely based upon our existing website. Our existing website is written in Cold Fusion running under Unix with MySQL and Apache. (We have a Unix dedicated server.) The new website is on the same server, but a different domain. The new website needs to be written completely in PHP without the need of Cold Fusion.
Unfortunately, this team did not complete the project. It was supposed to be done in 60 days, and it has now been 210 days. So we dismissed the previous team and am looking for a team to take over and complete this project.
The team tried to convert all the existing Cold Fusion scripts over to PHP scripts. Although somewhat functional, most of it is not. Also, our requested design was not incorporated. Instead, they did their own design which is not acceptable.
Our requirements of you, if you are selected for this project.
1. You must speak, write and completely comprehend American (US) English. Our existing team was from Pakistan, and although we have no problem working with foreigners, they did not understand what we were asking for and simply did not understand how the site is supposed to work, plus a lot of the text is simply misspelled. I will be looking closely at your communications to make sure you are capable at understanding what we are asking for. If you are an American team, even better, but we will consider other bids. If you speak broken English or have a hard time understanding English, please do NOT submit a bid.
2. You will need to understand Cold Fusion as the existing working website is written entirely in Cold Fusion running on Unix with MySQL.
3. You will need to understand PHP as the site you will be completing is 100% written in PHP.
4. You will need to commit to a weekly conference call where you will need to talk with my clients on exactly what they are looking for and keep us informed of the progress being made. We also point out things that need to be fixed or implemented. Even though most of the project is documented, it is subject to change during the conference calls as we see the site being completed. The weekly call is held on Thursdays at 11:15am (Eastern Time / New York Time.) They last about 60 to 90 minutes. Your time for these calls should be included in the bid. Assume one per week until project completion.
5. You will need to quote one price and stick with it until project completion. Our previous team insisted we pay hourly, and exhausted the complete budget (their final bid) before they were even 75% complete. We can not and will not exceed the budget for this project. Therefore, this one needs to be guaranteed completed for your bid amount.
6. Your bid will be for the completion of this project to our specifications. Final payment will be made when the new site is up and running error-free for a period of 7 days.
7. The timeframe for completion of this project is 60 days. This date is very FIRM. We are already way behind schedule on getting this done. Any further delays will not be tolerated by my clients. (We will lose the project.)
8. Payment terms are 10% down upon receipt of an accepted mock-up for the home page showing a working HTML/.PHP index page with the design my customer has requested. (I will send you an image file showing the design. We will also provide the logos to be used.) Another 50% upon 50% project completion and the final 40% after the site has been up and running error-free for 7 days.
9. Our budget for this project is $3,000. If you cannot complete this project in its entirety for $3,000 or LESS, then please do not bid. Bids exceeding this amount will not be considered.
10. You must have a strong feedback rating. Those with no feedback will not be considered.
If this sounds like a project you'd be interested in, please open a PMB to discuss further. We do not expect you to submit a bid until you have reviewed the site details completely. I can provide you with more details including the URL to the existing website, and the URL to the new website, as well as the image file showing what the new site should look like.
We want to move quickly as possible, so be sure you are available this Thursday for your first conference call with my clients.
Thank you and Good luck!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online