**Brain-dead SIMPLE!** Look up the UPC codes for 300 different products.
We have a spreadsheet of 256 items. Use one of two trusted sources (which we will provide to the winning bidder) to look up the UPC code for each item. If neither trusted source has it, you can often find the answer on Google. This project would also let us give you up to 44 more items over the next three months to look up in a similar fashion.
You will be provided with a spreadsheet. The SKU (Product ID) is in column G; it is often sufficient to just use this. Sometimes you will also need the Manufacturer, from column B.
Simply search for the SKU on one or both of the trusted sources, and copy the UPC code to column N of the spreadsheet. If neither source has a given item, search for the SKU plus the term "upc" in Google, e.g., If the SKU is ABC-123, search for "ABC-123 upc" (without the quotes).
Column N *must* be formatted as "Text". Otherwise, the long numbers will be converted to things like "3.456789E+12", which is useless to us.
Please send partial results after 20 searches to ensure that everything is acceptable before completing the entire task.
* * *I'm pretty flexible and easy to work with. I tried to make sure that this job is as completely specified as humanly possible.
If you have **any** questions, *please* ask them! I have found that it is far better to risk a bit of embarrassment than to spend time working on an assumption which later proves to be wrong. Do not worry that a question may seem silly; just *let me know* and I will be very happy to answer you!
We've been a Buyer here since July '05, with a rating of 9.9 ("Excellent") out of 10, with over 75 ratings, and we've now paid on over 95 jobs. We've completed both security verifications, we have a non-action ratio under 5% ("very good"), and we've lost 0 out of 10 mediations / arbitrations.
| ! | PGP is **not** required for this project. |
| ! | An NDA is **not** required for this project. |
We will retain full legal rights to the code and/or data upon completion. All code and/or data is and becomes *our* intellectual property! You will *not* have any rights to the code and/or data in any fashion.
**Thank you for your consideration and for bidding through RentACoder!**
* * *Copyright ? 2007, RentACoder Buyer
[notecom]. **All Rights Reserved.** Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
* * *
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Excel (or OpenOffice) spreadsheet file.