I need a beginner level student assistant to help me gather some data.
Basically, I have around 5000 url links and what I would need you to do is visit each url, find a popup link, copy paste it next to each record in excel.
So here is how it works.
- I’ll send you 500 records at the time in excel
- you visit each one of those links
- find a link (I'll tell you later what to look for), this link should be on home page, so not much time spent finding the link.
- If the link opens a new popup window, using internet explorer, you simply right click somewhere on the popup, go to the properties and copy the link it gives you. You may need to use Firefox on some sites to get the link.
- If it opens a new window, even easier, just copy the full link
- paste the copied link next to the visited url
and that’s it, you do that for all 5000 records.
Again, this is a very basic project that if you are reading this, then you can do it. It may just be time consuming, so make sure you have the time and dedication to complete the project. No credit will be given to incomplete projects.
Budget is very small, but I’m only looking for someone with a very basic skills and time in their hands. I will also give good feedback. If you have the time, I'll have more similar projects for you.
check your schedule and make sure you do not have any emergencies in the next few weeks as I need this done ASAP and do not want to hear excuses to skip work.
Again, I can not say this enough, make sure you have the time to do this project.
I still have 2 sets left for this project, so I’ll be posting this one more time, if you like bid on both of them but I will select different people on each posting.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).