AppleScript to create symlinks for iTunes
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $57 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
(This is a project for Mac OS X, not Windows).
I am looking for a script which can 'archive' podcasts in iTunes by moving them onto an external drive so that they do not take up too much space on my laptop.
I currently do this process manually. I would like an AppleScript to do this automatically. This is how I imagine it would work:
* The user selects a group of podcasts and chooses 'Archive Selected Podcasts' from the Script menu. (see the web site [Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes] for examples of similar scripts).
* The user is prompted for a destination folder, which may be on an external drive or network drive.
* The script moves the selected podcast files to the destination folder, then creates symbolic links in their original location pointing to their new location. Some kind of progress indicates should be displayed, since moving a large number files may take some time. (the command to create a symbol link is just **ln -s source target**)
* Afterwards, the podcasts should still be playable in iTunes without having to re-add them.
1) Complete and fully-functional working script.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Mac OS X 10.4 with iTunes 7.3 (latest version)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online