Create and fax a document from an Access form
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $297 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $5000 USD
Our goal is to automate the process of formatting and faxing order information to several different dropshippers. Currently our Access database allows us to view and modify a customer order, preview the packing slip for that order, and print the packing slip. The problem is the labor-intense process involved in getting our orders to our vendors. Every day we ... 1) manually print each individual packing slip 2) sort the printed slips by vendor 3) print a cover sheet for each vendor 4) fax each set of orders to the appropriate vendor 5) update each order record with the date sent to vendor. WHAT WE HAVE NOW ... We have developed a "New Orders" Form with a dropdown list of vendors. When a user selects a vendor, the form is populated with a list of all new orders for that vendor. WHAT WE NEED TO ADD ... The following functionality needs to be added to our "New Orders" form. 1. Ability for the user to select and/or de-select any or all orders listed on the form 2. Button that will trigger the creation of a formatted document (see below for a detailed description) which includes data from all of the selected orders. This document should appear immediately in preview mode. 3. While in preview mode, the user should be able to click a button that will fax the document to the associated vendor. Once faxed, this document needs to be automatically saved in a specified folder using a predefined file naming convention. It should not be saved unless it has been faxed. 4. After a fax of orders is sent, each order record needs to be updated with the "Date Sent to Vendor". DOCUMENT DETAILS ... The document that is created will be a fax which includes order information that needs to be sent to the dropship vendor. The fax needs to include: 1. A cover sheet with specific vendor details as well as the number of attached orders. 2. One page for each order, formatted to our company's packing slip design.
1) Part of this job is to consult with us on the best way to accomplish the required functionality. Since this functionality will affect our daily business operations, the proposed solution must be discussed before programming can begin.
2) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
3) Program/functionality must be tested and approved by us before payment is made.
4) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
5) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP Currently we are using MS Word 2002 and MS Access 2002. These can be upgraded if it will significantly impact development and functionality.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online