This project is now closed with a project budget of $100 - $560 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $560 USD
The UO Foundation, a private employer, seeks a Desktop Publishing assistant **for a ONE WEEK SPECIAL PROJECT, June 21-28. Pay range $11.50-$14 per hour based on skills; no benefits.**
Primary responsibility is to create Word template files (.dot), based on existing graphic design standards
- thorough understanding of MS Word, including:
- working with .dot files
- style definitions to declare font types, sizes, and placement
- margins, columns, and tables for layout
- input fields for common data types
- working with headers and footers
- testing and troubleshooting for various output devices (print and .pdf)
- basic knowledge of graphic design principles and tools
- common image formats and types (.jpg, .tif, .png, .eps)
- ability to crop and resize
- eye for detail
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter that outlines relevant coursework and experience by June 9 to:
The Foundation is committed to cultural diversity and compliance with EOE.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Microsoft Word 2003
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online