I'm looking to have an experienced coder build a Google Map application that lets users enter a starting point, draw a route on a map from that starting point, enter additional information about that route, save it to a database and retrieve it (or other saved routes) via a search page.
User would be able to:
1) Enter an address that would act as the starting point, or navigate to a starting point and select it directly on the map.
2) Map the route out by hand entering as many points as necessary to describe the route.
3) Enter additional information about the route (free text fields, as well as pre-determined fields).
4) Save all this information to a database.
5) Search for routes based on the additional information entered about routes, or by navigating to a section of the map and asking to return all routes that start in that area.
Some of the application is already written, I need someone to complete it and optimize it.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must be compatible with all browsers that Google Maps is compatible with.
MS IIS, MySQL, VBScript